Sunday, April 6, 2014

Travelling to Tokyo

The flight was largely uneventful, aside from being SO LONG. I watched The Hobbit, read 200 pages of a book, took a nap, and STILL had four hours to go. The customs form was amusing, as it specifically asked if I was carrying a sword into the country. Not a knife or 'bladed instrument' or anything like that: a sword.

It was really exciting when we saw land for the first time, even if it was gray and rainy outside.

After landing, I took a "limousine bus" to a large hotel near mine, then walked the rest of the way. It got a little confusing, since, oddly enough, the google map I was following didn't have street names written in english, but the street signs did. The area was really nice, though, and there were plenty of maps posted, since it was near a metro station. I also passed at least a half-dozen sakura blossom trees, which were lit really nicely, so they glowed pink and white.

Check-in was a breeze, and right after getting in, I just went straight to bed. It was around 4am as far as my internal clock was concerned, so I didn't last more than about 15 minutes after making it to my room. 

Jet lag is very much in effect, so I woke up really early this morning (around 5:30). I killed time until the hotel breakfast opened by just creating schedules for what I wanted to see in Tokyo and when. Today, I'm just going to dip my toe in the water and explore the area I'm staying in (Roppongi) and maybe try out the metro system. I've got ten days to explore, so I'm in no particular hurry ^__^

Oh, and the breakfast? Not your typical toast-croissant-muffin-and-cereal options. I had grilled fish, japanese-style omelette, swedish meatballs, miso soup, and green tea.



Anyway, off to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment