Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Reservations are stressful X__X

One of my top "to do's" for Japan was trying some Michelin-starred sushi. I am utterly unable to get reservations at any of Tokyo's big-name sushi restaurants, so I decided to get the jump on Kyoto reservations and get on the list for one of theirs. Also decided to book a kaiseki (Japanese multi-course banquet) dinner, which was another tick on my to-do list. Both places only took reservations by phone, and only in Japanese, so I had to have my concierge do it for me. What followed was a 30-minute back-and-forth as my concierge, me, and whoever was on the other end of the line sorted out what day to make them for, my preference for dinner/lunch, the restaurant's preference for dinner/lunch, whether I had any allergies, what hotel I was staying at in Kyoto, which of the 5 different types of set dinners I wanted to have, and what the penalties for cancellation were.

I feel like I need a drink after that O__o

No comments:

Post a Comment