Sunday, April 13, 2014

Check out my new pad!

My hotel in Roppongi jumped in price by $100/night for the weekend, so I split my stay in Tokyo into two 5-day stays at different hotels. Friday morning, I moved to my second hotel, Tokyu Stay Shibuya which is, obviously, in Shibuya, about five minutes walk from the famous Shibuya Crossing. And yes, it is actually ‘Tokyu,’ not ‘Tokyo.’ The hotel itself is in a very quiet residential area, just off the main drag that goes straight into downtown Shibuya. In other words, an awesome location ^__^

It’s actually a long-term stay hotel, so my room has a hot-plate and fridge and stuff. It also has wi-fi in the rooms in addition to the lobby (Hotel Villa Fontaine just had wifi in the lobby), which is a double edged sword. People at my last hotel would all hang around in the lobby at night, but it was almost entirely business folks, so I didn’t talk to them for the most part. This place has more tourists and people my age, but everyone just hangs out in their rooms, so there’s still not a whole lot of socialization going on.

This place also has a Japanese-style bathing area. It’s set off from the rest of the bathroom by a door, and has a drain in the floor. The traditional way of bathing in Japan is to scrub yourself clean next to the tub, THEN get into the hot water just to soak. My bath has a little stool you can sit on while you scrub, but thankfully it also has a hook on the wall so you can just take a shower, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment