Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Luggage Tetris!

After I graduated college, I "backpacked" around Europe for a couple months. 

I say "backpacked" because in addition to my intern-gift backpack—choc-a-bloc full of a 17" laptop, DSLR, and other assorted goodiesI also had a 24" wheeled suitcase crammed full of clothes and souvenirs. This made moving from city to city somewhat less than fun. And I thought I packed light!

This time around I decided to REALLY pack light, as I doubt Japan's trains and subways will be any friendlier to large suitcases than Europe's. So! For three weeks, I'm just bringing one small backpack and an over-the-shoulder weekend bag, and whatever fits into it. Which looks something like this:


Okay, actually it looks EXACTLY like that. I'm bringing about a week's worth of clothes (2 t-shirts, 2 button downs, a sweater, and a spare pair of pants), my cameras, laptop, travel guides, a rain hoodie, and a blazer.

And, somewhat to my surprise, it all actually fit:


The only worry I have is how to get get souvenirs home, as it IS a bit of a tight fit. I'm thinking I'll try to ship stuff home when I leave each city, so I won't end up actually hauling stuff with me as I go. Worst case scenario, I end up having to get a suitcase when I get over there, but I think I can make it work!


No comments:

Post a Comment